According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020


September 29 2020

"A Curator This Way Visited"



Yesterday I hosted a planned visit from a brilliant, enlightened, well traveled and practiced Curator, based in Brooklyn New York. His name is Dan Nadel. 

He is planning details and collecting resources for a major group exhibition next Spring at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago.  The theme of that coming showcase is " Chicago Cartoonists & Comix".  He is looking to include some of my work in that exhibition. I needed him to see that my work and its practice does more than "comix".  Fortunately he felt that same inner need.  We spent two and a halve hours between my Residency at the Hyde Park Art Center and then my work-live space looking over my practice from 1970 until right now.



He made this such a pleasant and powerful ride. His insights were so raw and well connected to the overarching experience he carries in his tool kit.  Publishing. Art making. Education. Curiosity. Openness. Criterion and standards based evaluation. With some of his own inner intellectual glue to get it right.  Plus wanting to make this coming show as good as its concept.  I have never met a curator like this or been able to flow over the multiple horizons of my practice in a single session with a person that flowed with it.  Not agreed.....but actually flowed!

Now I really gots work to do....in these coming two months.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment