According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

 Sept. 30th 2020


"Its a genre!"

I mentioned in a conversation the other day how long it took for me to reach the post-experiemental phase of my hypothesis about Rhythmism reaching the level of being a genre in the visual art world. The person I was talking to immediately started talking about an Artist who at 80 years of age had finally gotten their first major exhibition.  Then came the statement, "I hope it doesn't take you that long for a major show"!

First of all I have had a host of major solo exhibitions as referenced and evidenced on this blog.  Secondly I am almost 69 years of age.  I plan to be doing major works thus exhibitions for a long time still.

But this shows how that person, who has known me since 1994 and attended exhibitions of mine, could not address or stay with my point.  The fact that i did it. I already delivered the goods.  That Rhythmism has reached the level of being a genre.  Ripe for exploration and of course exploitation.   Funny how it is a challenge for folks to stay with that point whenever I bring it up. 

Rather it was in 1970 or in 2020.....there is still that strange short-circuiting and code-shifting that seems to minimize or filter out the issue presented. 

 (No one ever askes...."What is it like to do that?, or, "How do you stay the course?")

That I was, am or will be doing this artistic thing I named "Rhythmism".  And that it was and will always be bigger than me. It is about a way of doing Art.  Thinking Art. Flowing Art.  Better I get action than insist on folks staying in a conversation they are not into.

Artistic innovators are in our midst.  They too...live among us. They often look like us! Yes....you may even encounter one.


Rhythmism Lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment