According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Monday, September 28, 2020


Sept. 28th, 2020

"The Albritton"



I started drawing seriously when I was three years old.  The very first time I held a pencil.  By Kindergarten I identified myself as an "Artist".  Folks from teachers to friends....even family would make light of this.  I hated those who did.  I felt a sense of pity for their being rude or stupid.  Starting the first day of Kindergarten, if provoked, I would draw intensely aggressive yet sophisticated images to assert that " I am an Artist".  OK....I still do! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In third grade I met a kid named Albritton.  Wow! He totally got it.  I got him.  He was so smart and we both shared a ridiculous love of science, art, music, and learning.  Wow!  This was precious to me beyond our years and other factors.  Like kindred on steroids.  In the class-photo above I am in the top row wearing a bow-tie.  Yes...a ever-cool fashionable bow tie.  He......, Albritton is to the left of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the same class together from 4th Grade until 6th grade.  Due to my family members being ranking leadership of the most dominate Black street gang in Chicago at that time, we, I, the family abruptly had to sell off property and move outta the 'hood.  I never even got to say good-bye to Albritton.  Never,  

For decades to come I would often wonder....."What happened to Albritton?"  Well....at the start of this Residency, via Facebook,,,,,,we reconnected.  It revealed to me a core that I had sealed away since 1963 when I moved and never saw him again.  An energy core secretly sealed away by that little boy I was.  The one who was secretly being programmed to be the next wave of leadership in that gang. I never let Albritton visit for fear my home-life would ruin it all. But there I was.  The one who looked at the world saying I am an Artist .......with a balanced child's love of science.  With  Albritton as a simpatico friend!  Lucky me. Lucky us!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I had to keep him and this to be recovered Creative Core at bay until I completed the Kokopellis.  This energy is the stuff made of the purity that exists in early childhood long before the ravages of puberty and rules set in.  Before Life steps in with its bigger than Bigfoot's footprint!

This is not about returning to being that kid again.  Nope.  But about opening a type of creative time capsule that kid hurled, through what I call the Rhythmic Zone, as a boomerang in Albritton. Catch!  Open! Explode! Create anew! Grow! Yikes!

This restraint took as much strength as doing all of the Kokopellis in just under three months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albritton said "You used to teach us perspective, design and how to draw Jet Planes!" The next phase of this residency will be about that Core.  The thing that for now...I call The Albritton.  As for that question, of what ever happened to Albritton.  Well the answer is that Albritton happened!  

He is an amazing prolific musical composer and had been a deeply dedicated performer and much more.


Yes....there will be Jet Planes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment