According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Monday, August 17, 2020

 Aug. 17th 2020,

Over the decades I was teased outright or simply asked, "Is Rhythmism real?

The international Art World....its upper register where careers and fortunes are engineered, is very orderly about which trends and who gets the nod.  Rarely is it orderly.  The power of the actual artwork is not as forceful as the power of these political manifestations that select and reject.  That makes or breaks careers and the Art the public is told has tangible monied value in speculation or auctions.  Collectors & curators tend to follow these guides.

However staying power has its own flow. Effort over decades takes real human drive.  Triumph over the odds served by a life in the visual arts requires resiliency, vision, resources internal & external and flies beyond the limits of the selection process.  All of this induces measurable growth. 



Entrepreneurship helps.  I am often confused how an artist is deemed "powerful" or that these art works are now  the "intersection of" yet when taken on its own merits or a criterion....the artwork is often lame or sterile.  Hype wins again and the power-broker circles maintain their control of who, when, where & why.  I am often reminded that The Artistes normally never name the genre.  That is the rights of the Art Critic of Art Historian.  Well too late. I called this extensive future-primitif aspect of Art Making Rhythmism and I insist that it has unlimited growth potential. I launched it. Plowed the terrain with its seeds.  Now in this non-experimental period look to enjoy its fruitful harvests.


There is no powerful cash spending audience to force a balance in this process.


 

Of course Rhythmism is real.  It has been tested. It has been proven.  But will it be selected?  I am reminded how my great late brother Vincent Van Gogh sold only one painting in his life, and that was to his brother.  How he was tortured and ridiculed during his life as an experimental dedicated Visual Artist.  But now the powerful selection folks have placed unheard of values to any of his works, belongings or writings.  I often look to my good brother Vincent to better evaluate Rhythmism.  My career.  I have certainly sold more than one single painting.  And I had no brother to buy it.  


Who do I fight for? I fight for the Van Goghs of the World be they Others, Inners, Outers, Blacks, Whites, Disabled, Brown, Yellow and of course my favorites those always wanting total control....the Ruby Red Martians.  This amazing Summer 2020 Residency ends Oct. 2nd 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment