According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Friday, August 28, 2020

 August 28th 2020


A funny thing happened on the way to The Rhythmic Zone the other day. I had a visitor. She has known me in the Arts since 2006. OOOOPS! She was surprised. Saying I am used to seeing your smaller things. Like what you do in your comic books or Graphic Novels. I never knew you did larger.......like you make Art.

Work from 1974 through 2004

Scale, composition and content matters. I tended to produce complete bodies or thematic collections of Rhythmistic Fine Art for smart curators and collectors to appreciate and acquire. Or to ignore.
Hmmm? She was pleasant. Very insightful. Then came. "This looks rather primitive. And that looks so futuristic. Bingo! I have been writing, lecturing and presenting Rhythmism as being future-primitif since 1970. I didn't start publishing Graphic Novels until 1981. But I always exhibited larger sized Rhythmisitc Fine Art.

Circa 2009

Making connections like these often requires coming to the Savannah where the Art Lions roam. I call that the Studio. Where art is openly alive. Waiting to be ignited by the curious gaze of such visitors. I look forward to her return visit and those of others.


From a solo exhibition at ETA  Circa 2008


Summer 2020 Flex Residency at the Hyde Park Art Center where I pivot away from the 5 decades long experiment in Rhythmism to its openly affirmative manifestations. Rhythmism Lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment