According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Monday, October 5, 2020

 Oct. 5th, 2020

"If you are looking for creativity, you have come to the right place!"

This has been my out-going phone message sense the 1980s.


In 1974 I was told by a major Art / Illustration Representative, who handled the most successful artists of that era in Chicago's lucrative advertising and publishing industries.  He had my samples in his office to review before I met him. This was his statement once he actually met me.
 
"Turtel, you are too creative for us and your own people will not support you"!  Was that a curse, policy, or a prediction?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Fall of 2020 I am reminded that I am still unrepresented by any type of commercial gallery or gallery that has direct connections to major collectors, institutions and publishers.  Never even close! My accomplishments and innovations over 50 years seems to not be on their selection radars.  Even if they embrace my clones and imitators.
 
Not that I think me or anyone is entitled to this type of vital representation ...........but it would move mountains, make bread.....and just really kick ass!

Even with the current high profiled statements from all types major players in the mega international art game that "BLACK LIVES MATTER!" Along with stated promises to embrace diversity by seeking out outers.  Hmm.  I think that means me?  Doesn't it?  I am ready for this promise to be fulfilled.  

Or is it still about being the "Right other", "Right Black", or "Their agenda's Person of Color"?


The second phase of this Residency will make more effort to attract the positive attention of these major resources in the Art Worlds as they surely would benefit from me and my works. I bring the cure they need.

I sent out over 500 notices on a global scale to museums, galleries and curators about my Summer Flex Residency. Now I have been generously  awarded by the Hyde Park Art Center an extension until Nov. 30th 2020.

Now they will be able to move pass the Covid modifications a bit to embrace the full power of all things Rhythmistic! I am the Artistic catch of this era!  They know  this and need to get past their fears and aversions to a good thing in the unique package of my being "Me" this time around. 

 When I was young I was often told I was  "too young". Now that I am vintage I am told that I am "too old!"  Ask me or look at my Rhythmistic Artwork and I would say I am "Just right!"


I have produced multiple proven collections, skills, giftedness and a real sense of being a professional. A serious track record and back story. 

( I won a national drawing contest in Paris in 1978, was honored with a Life Time Achievement Award from Temple University in 2006, freelanced for clients like Playboy, Motown, Holt Rinehart & Winston with a host of solo and group exhibitions while maintaining an active indie publishing/production operation. )  

Legend even! Not to mention holding several hard earned college degrees.  From an Associates' Degree to a Doctors in Art Education. With a BFA and M.A.A.T. from the prestigious School of the Art Institute of Chicago in between.


I come built for Artistic successfulness and greatness.  Hmm?  What is the disconnection?


Rhythmism Lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment