According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Rhythmic Zone Flow date: July 9th 2020

"Rhythm:" Refers to any structure or composition with dominate and subordinate elements in sequence. In the visual arts Rhythm is created through the regular recurrence of elements with related variations.
Somewhere in my youth I thought this a name for my intuitive approaches to making art. Which was there long before I attended art classes or an art school. I noticed it in other works of art. Often from prior eras. I saw it as genre that while rooted in the Black / African visual expressive narrative could rise to the level of being an open genre. Beyond the broad...... often non- specific term being used back in the mid 20th Century...."Black Art".
I needed to be able to articulate in discourse and such aspects of Visual Jazz, Visual-Soul, of Visual Funk but in terms wedded to Visual Arts...not derived from other expressive forms. By the early 1970s I started using, manifesting, exploring the term "Rhythmism", Now I get the much appreciated priviledge to further that thought and logic at the Hyde Park Art Center with focus.

 Drawing the under flow for the "Kokomusik" one.
 Its great to be in residency mode.........really fantastic! 
Here is my air-brush tech book from 1981 Paris France...."Aerotechniques" chez Dragon's Dream and my good brother Alexander Mosley...publisher.  I used to sleep with it by my bed....for years!!!  My goal is to complete a total of four Kokopelli centric textile panels ot late be ifnished using the quilting process.  Each one with represent a creative genre as in Visual Art, Music, Literature and Performing Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment