According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

July 22nd 2020: "Air Brush Drills"

"The air-brush is a tool that was was invented for industrial applications as well as those related to the visual arts.  It is a tool that can produce a stream as tight as a line or a broad array of spray patterns with unlimited effects and results. As a major-market illustrator my highest paying assignments were all air-brush based illustrations or designs.  It is not taught at any of the Chicago areas Art Schools.  I have been routinely turned down whenever I have proposed teaching it at colleges or even community based Art Centers. 

In the late 1980s I taught two levels of Air Brush on textiles at the former Textile Art Center. I ma sure I am turned down because the folks in charge resent the idea of bringing in a Black Male vintage stage, ( over age 60 ),  Artist to teach course that they lack any real expertise.  The idea of bring me in would be a challenge to their power & control paradigms.  Therefore those students and communities they serve still do not know the difference in real potential and safety between eco-toxic "Spray Paint" and the eco-friendly "Air Brush".


"I replaced a very derivative quilt treatment that I brought to the HPAC Studio with a more inspired quilt that was finished by Patrick Whalen. He is my main go-to quilter of all time per this body of work. " Rhythmistic Quilts." The four panels I am completing this Summer will be the first set in the series that I designed with his skill set and esthetic sensibilities in mind.  Sort of a third hand in the process.  In fact I found the treatment on that former quilt underwhelming and a bit off putting in that the quilter devolved in both technique and execution.  This change of display moves my Residency in a progressive forward flow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment