According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.

According to Wikipedia, Onli is a rare Artist who has created two visual art genres.
All artwork on this blog is Copyright 2024 Turtel Onli , and other dates. All Rights Protected & not to be remixed, rebooted or used commercially without a signed agreement with Prof. Onli. The smaller images on the right are links to reels or related websites.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 Nov. 4th 2020

Word!


This week I have two things hitting the mean killing streets of Chicago. One is a killa quick and the deep illustration of the late Brotha From the Outer Rings of Saturn, Mr. Sun Ra. I did this illustration for the print reboot of the mega 'zine Roctober for one of my gray Soul Brothas .....Jake, its publisher.


Sun Ra for Roctober by Onli Oct. 2020

 Then I  had my guy, Robert Mc Corkle, write an article about the Black Arts Guild for my ever-smooth soul sistah....... Leila's ......Metropolis!....

Which by the way....I founded B. A. G.  in 1970...... to facilitate a path and process for kick-ass mega gifted young Blacks-Like-My-Ass..... young visual artists to make the transition from energized student.... to professional. 

 Needless to say there was no path in place.  So I saw....I came...we kicked! B.A.G. won!

Of course that stuff.....got me marginalized and Black-balled back then and even now in most art circles, chronicles and research.  

But both publications drop the truth out there. In two print publications! Metropolis!  Roctober! Along with their web versions. 

I am almost famous...again! And yes one of my fave Aunts was named Ruth.  So I can say, "That is da truth Ruth!"

I buttress this all against the healing aspects of this five or so months Flex Residency at the Hyde Park Art Center. They rock like no other Art Center on Planet Earth! I know.....I have checked them all out!

 As I pass my fifty plus years of professional artmaking I recall that late great actor Sean Connery saying in one of his vital roles," A Tiger in winter is most dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment